We are looking for a Software Architect to work at itracks’ head office location in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. The successful candidate can be located anywhere throughout Canada, but must be willing to re-locate. itracks will assist with relocation expenses.
Reporting directly to the Vice President Development, the Software Architect will be responsible for providing technical leadership by working closely with the development team on software architecture.
- Take ownership of technical solutions from the design and architecture through development and unit testing.
- Responsible for performance, scalability, security, extensibility and integration for all itracks’ proprietary software and software projects.
- Understand design patterns and enterprise application development for both packaged and custom applications.
- Work with other team members to define, describe, and implement the overall vision for the development of Itracks’ proprietary software.
- Develop software in a hands-on capacity by writing .NET source code (C#), developing databases using Microsoft SQL Server, and integrating solutions with leading Microsoft server and other software platforms (e.g. Salesforce).
- Subdivide complex applications during the design phase into manageable pieces.
- Communicate software architecture strategy to Senior Management and to the development team and direct the implementation of the architecture.
- Oversee aspects of the project life cycle from requirements analysis, design, and implementation.
- Perform feasibility studies and identify technical risks.
- Mentor less senior members of the staff with hands-on development work in high-pressure, time sensitive situations.
- Work closely with project managers, directors, and account managers to ensure that client expectations are met and that project schedules and budgets are adhered to.
- Evaluate the impact of new features and technologies.
- Drive process efficiency, adoption, and continuous process improvements.
- Integrate internal and external product design into a cohesive user experience.
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills with the ability to accurately analyze information and make sound decisions.
- Able to understand interface and integration implications, from a functional and technology basis.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral to advance the architectural vision.
- Advanced proficiency with .NET concepts, Windows IIS, and related standards.
- Strong analytical, planning, organizational, and change management skills to manage and execute large scale technical projects.
- Proven record of working with clients and client groups to solicit problem definitions, functional and non-functional requirements, and achieve consensus for developing solutions.
- Experience with Agile Modeling and Test Driven Development methodologies.
- Excellent understanding of Internet and web programming standards, customs, and best practices, especially relating to security, privacy, and performance.
- Experience with MS SQL server is advantageous.
- Update and use relevant knowledge — Keep up-to-date technically and apply new knowledge to your job.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of a university degree in computer science, recognized diploma or certificate in software applications development, computer systems technology course, or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum 10 year’s experience in developing Internet application software.
- Proven history of working with users and user groups in facilitating requirements discussions and presenting both solution and design descriptions.
- Demonstrable experience creating and introducing low level software architectures to development teams.
To apply for this position send your resume to us at email@example.com
Please quote the job title on your application.
We are a GROWING company, with a GLOBAL reach, offering EXCITING opportunities!