itracks is seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join our team. This position is a full time position with the possibility of career advancement opportunities in the future.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Accountant will provide and oversee general accounting and payroll services for itracks. The successful candidate will be a self-motivated and organized individual who is prepared to manage a variety of accounting functions and provide supervision to the administrative assistant.
- Perform full cycle accounting for itracks
- Producing monthly financial statements for itracks
- Regular communication and updates with CEO and management team to discuss financial results and management reporting
- Management of daily accounting operations, cash forecasting and daily cash management including foreign exchange
- Assist in budget preparation, variance analysis and analysis of project costs
- In-house Payroll and benefits plan administration including calculation of commissions and bonuses
- Completion of year end schedules, working papers and procedures for review by an external accounting firm
- Filing of GST, payroll remittances, WCB, sales tax management
- Maintenance of accounting software (SAP Business One), timesheet software and review and input into subscription management software
- Actively supports and participants in companywide initiatives and technology implementation programs
- Participates in company team development and performance management program
- Serves clients and supports business development opportunities
- Establishes internal control systems to prevent inaccuracies in financial statements
- Makes recommendations to the team for improving procedures and practices
- Must have solid experience in the preparation of financial reports
- Minimum of four years of related work experience
- Experience working with auditors/ external accountants conducting reviews to perform year-end and other periodic audits.
- Working knowledge of cost accounting
- Superior organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, changing work environment
- Excellent communication/interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Team player with a desire to learn and make suggestions
- High degree of financial competence
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
To apply for this position send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the job title on your application.