Reporting directly to the Systems Team Lead, the Systems Administrator will be responsible for the maintenance and management of all itracks’ servers and networks. A key initiative of the role moving forward will be to support the scalability of products hosted on Microsoft Azure. The candidate must be located in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan to allow the completion of tasks at itracks’ office and off-site data center. The role can be either in-person or hybrid with some work from home and some in-person work. While the core hours will be regular business hours, there will be some availability outside of regular business hours required.
- Administer network services (Web/Email/DNS/DHCP/etc.).
- Maintain server, desktop and network security.
- Plan for and implement server and network hardware and software upgrades.
- Plan, communicate and lead planned maintenance outages.
- Monitor the performance and capacity of our servers and network.
- Maintain configuration and process documentation.
- Manage our backup and data-protection systems.
- Be on-call on a rotating schedule to deal with potential server issues requiring intervention.
- Assist staff in dealing with clients on technical matters.
- Provide first-level support for desktop and user issues.
- Progressing into managing Azure resources as we transition to Azure
- Strong organization skills with the ability to multitask and handle several on-going projects
- Effective communication skills and the ability to assist non-technical staff with their problems/requests
- Excellent problem solving skills, both proactive and reactive
- Project management skills would be a definite asset, and the ability to assist with large projects
- Experience with the following programs/applications would be a definite asset:
- VMware (working knowledge required)
- Cloud computing (Microsoft Azure experience is beneficial required)
- Microsoft Windows Servers/Desktops
- Microsoft Exchange Server
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Active Directory Group Policy
- LAN architecture
- WAN architecture
- Network Monitoring Environments
- Virtual Private Networks (VPN)
- Microsoft IIS
Education and/or Experience:
- Degree/diploma from a recognized institute.
- Minimum 2-3 years of related experience (administration of servers, desktops and network infrastructure)
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
To apply for this position send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote the job title on your application.