Data Retention Policy
Data Retention Policy Effective January 1, 2021
(please note the bolded information is new effective January 1, 2021)
- For privacy best practices, upon completion of a research project, data with personal information should be deleted. Itracks technical support staff are ready and able to assist you with downloading transcripts, video and audio files. We can provide instructions on deleting interviews and focus group activities after they have been completed or deleting or editing a specific user’s data.
- All research activities with a project close date prior to January 1, 2021 will be archived by itracks for two (2) years unless the owner of the account deletes the data earlier.
- Effective January 1, 2021, all data collected from research activities conducted on itracks Board, Telephone IDI and VideoChat Adobe Connect Activities will be retained on Itracks’ systems for one (1) year after the project close date and then removed, or removed earlier if the customer deletes the data from their account.
- All data collected from research activities conducted on itracks Realtime will be stored in Customers account and deleted at the time in which Customer deletes the data through the itracks GO software interface or cancels their itracks Realtime subscription.
- itracks reserves the right to change its data retention policy as required to ensure compliance with any applicable laws, industry membership requirements or other valid business process reasons. Changes to this policy will be communicated to Customers to ensure adequate notice of project data removal.